The Bitbox is a plug-and-play wallet and second-factor authenticaton that combines the highest security of cold storage with the convenience of software wallets.
What Cryptocurrencies does it support?
Which 2nd factor authentication does the Bitbox support?
The Bitbox is a FIDO® Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) compatible authenticator. Secure your accounts on Google, Facebook, Dropbox, GitHub and more.
What are the unique advantages of the Bitbox?
- Offline, anytime backup and recovery with a micro SD card.
- Native software client avoids security risks of browser-based clients.
- Plausible deniability with hidden wallets and backups.
- Tor and Tails OS compatible to protect your privacy.
- Private keys kept on a high-security chip that prevents physical extraction (50 year lifespan).
- Portable, extremely durable case filled with epoxy and packed with security.
- Subtle design avoids unwanted attention.
- Multisig out-of-the-box (optional to use).
- Smart verification and second-factor authentication mobile app (optional to use).
- Fully open source.
- Swiss Made.
- Bitbox Hardware Wallet
- Micro SD Memory card in protective clamshell
- Single-purpose microcontroller that connects to a computer as a plug-and-play USB device. No drivers required.
- The minimalist design keeps the code as simple as possible, making audits easier and reducing the number of attack vectors.
- AES-256-CBC encrypted communication over USB that is immune to glitching and timing attacks.
- Two-factor authentication option to prevent man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks.
- Erase and reset after 15 failed attempts, eliminating brute force password attacks. If a reset happens by accident, the wallet can be recovered simply by reloading the wallet seed from the micro SD card.
- Capacitive touch button confirmation. Touch briefly to ‘reject’, and touch longer to ‘accept’.
- Embedded LED status indicator.
- Password protected.
Ben from the BTC Sessions, explains the Bitbox. From initial setup, through basic functions such as Sending and receiving funds, wiping the device, and recovering your accounts you will get a great understanding of the device from watching this great review.
*CryptoAsylum is the Exclusive Canadian Distributor of Bitbox